Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Indescribeable?

Last week I got some Sigur Ros CDs. I really like Sigur Ros, everything I've listened to of theirs so far has been brilliant - although before this I only had the Hvarf Heim compilation CD.

I've listened to all now, bar the most recent, and I'm tremendously impressed. I love all their albums, they are wonderful to listen to. But just impossible to actually explain what they are. Ethereal Icelandic gibberish is the closest I've come, but it doesn't do the grandeur of it justice.

I'm writing this blog at the halftime between Everton and Manchester United in the FA Cup semi-final. It is, so far, boring and uneventful. Despite causing frustration to purists everywhere, I'd quite like this to be a pattern followed in the second half, with the addition of an Everton goal. Not too much to ask, is it?

3 comments:

Mike said...

My favourites are the ( ) album and the blue one with an alien baby on the front. Both would be in my top 10 albums.

Andrew_tM said...

I am quite liking Takk, although ( ) was very impressive too.

Agaetis Byrjun is the one with the alien baby, and that is by far my favourite. The song 'Olsen Olsen' is probably one of the stand-out tracks as far as I'm concerned.

Mike said...

You know your music Mr Taylor! Seriously though, I should lend you Heima (Icelandic for At Home), a documentary/gig DVD of their Takk tour in Iceland. It has all their best songs filmed as they traveled the country. Plus lots of weird stuff like an improvised Glockenspiel recital haha :)