Monday, January 31, 2011

One Minute To Save Thirty

This evening, as it is a Monday, I was firstly playing football and then returned home to blog, as I seem to manage with uncanny regularity. Today I was home excitingly early by making all my transport connections by a matter of minutes.

The train from Raynes Park to Clapham was delayed just enough for me to both make the train and then make my slightly delayed connection at Clapham, which got me back to Woking just before my bus left. It meant a 50 minute trip from Raynes Park station to my door, which was quite nice. Had I been a minute later and missed that original train, I'd have been forced to wait another half hour before I got home!

I suppose the hint here is that I should really learn to drive, where one minute later means I arrive ... one minute later and I'm not subject to such potential gaps. Perhaps this is something I will look at more seriously once Chrissi is here.

No comments: