Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Studying

This is a belated blog as it features the event of last week and the beginning of this.

I had an examination this Monday - a Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis, which counts towards a Diploma in Business Analysis. As a result, I was studying for probably the first time in over four years, and taking my first examination since the summer of 2006. The Thursday and Friday of the previous week were granted to me as study leave.

Unusually, the topic was one which was increasingly interesting to me. It was focused on my work, and instead of being quite dull - as may be imagined - to me it was filled with interesting techniques, strategies and approaches which could be used. It definitely helped provide me with some interesting ideas for how to approach work in the future, and I hope to have the opportunity to use some of it going forward! I find out in a fortnight whether I have passed the exam or not, but I would expect to be okay on that front.

No comments: