Saturday, December 11, 2010

Health and General Update

On commenting on Facebook, I realised that I haven't posted for a few days and nor have I provided an appropriate level of update.

The health is a note just because I was off sick on Friday and this seems like the most appropriate point to start. Skip to the red text to avoid the details. I have some nasty throat infection that was resulting in me staying up all Thursday night coughing up some very bloodied mucous. To say I didn't feel good come Friday morning would be accurate! Safe to read again from here without gruesome details! There has been something going around at work, but after a couple of days of rest, being unusually sensible and some cough medicine I feel better at least!

In other events, it is coming up to Christmas, with the various festivities involved in this too. I haven't got a clue what I want in gifts, and nor do I know what others want either. However, as the dedicated reader will have seen this every year for the past six years on this blog, I won't dwell on this point.

One thing I did miss due to my illness was a team bowling event, which having talked to someone it wasn't that exciting so I can cope with that. Noone made severe fools of themselves. Which brings me neatly onto the work Christmas party, which is next Friday. As someone who doesn't drink, these are utterly hilarious events as I am one of the few - if not the only one - with a good memory for what happened.

This Thursday just gone was the poker final for 2010, where I started as chip leader and after a topsy-turvy game when I went up and down and up and then down again, I eventually finished second. A third consecutive year in the top two was good, but it was mitigated by failing to defend my title!

Also this week, one thing that did get done was that the documentation was submitted to the British Consulate in Los Angeles for Chrissi's visa application. This completes the final detail that needed to be submitted, following the actual application and her biometric details. I've no idea how long it will take to wait before we find out - people keep asking me - but rest assured, people will know when we find out whatever the result.

Let's hope it's soon and that it's positive!

No comments: