Wednesday, November 03, 2010

All The Twos

Lacking an interesting title for this blog, as I always tend to, I was amused by noting that as I was starting this the time was 22:22 - that cheered me up! A few things I probably should make note of at least.

Last Friday I managed to catch up with Ollie, which was an exciting event. He was back down in Woking for the day only, and happened to be in a nearby pub in the evening. As the only way to announce your presence now is to make a comment on Facebook, he did such - and I happened to notice this. Being as it was a mere ten minute walk, I actually made the effort to wander up and say hello. This was an achievement that I thought was notable.

This evening I have been out for an enjoyable curry and a relaxing evening with folk from work, which was all very enjoyable again. Good food, comical conversation and generally pleasant time. If only this could be replicated for each entire workday for the rest of the week, it would make things more entertaining!

Finally, I'm concluding on a more sober and poignant note. Yesterday marked nine years since my mother passed away. It seems shocking to me that nine whole years have elapsed, and while it is easier to deal with now, it's still hard. Recent events have obviously shaped this for me. She wasn't there to see me get married. She was never able to meet the woman who is now my wife, and see how happy I am. To see my other triumphs, stumbles or just general daily non-events. It's something I do think of frequently, but on days like yesterday it's much more notable and focused.

No comments: