Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Report

This weekend marked a slight variation from my usual routine. On Friday a few of us from work went for one of our now occasional gaming nights - essentially a group of guys from IT playing lots of games and suscribing to stereotype.

As this time it was Tom's turn to host - this duty operates on a semi-random basis - we headed to the sunny location of Gillingham. As this is a not insubstantial trek from our glorious workplace in Raynes Park, we were also staying over the night and returning to civilisation on the Saturday morning.

The majority of the time we were playing the new blockbuster that is Call of Duty - Black Ops. I'd not played this before, but it is quite impressive. I was not so impressive however, but it was a good game! We also played Halo: Reach and the amusing Kinect - the competitiveness in this one was terrifying. Mainly from myself!

For those of you who are not familiar, Kinect is one of those motion-sensor games. I was competing in what was probably a pentathlon, and after a strong performance in the 100m, abysmal failure in the javelin, I came back strongly with world record performances in the long jump, discus (which I dominated) and the 110m hurdles to just finish second due to my javelin collapse. I think the fact that I was the only one not drinking and had a slight coordination advantage may have had something to do with it though!

No comments: