Sunday, May 16, 2010

Conclusion: Unclear

So yesterday, at the beginning of the journey, I suggested that I would enlighten you today as to whether two separate flights is better or worse than one long flight. I'm not really sure, is the answer. It was nice to have shorter flights, and to avoid that point after five and a half hours where you think "Right, I'm halfway there now" - always frustrating. However, on the other side of the coin, it did mean a longer journey and the killing time in Toronto was annoying as well!

The flights themselves were both really smooth, very enjoyable and I even managed to doze on both flights, for an hour or so on the first and two hours on the second. This really cuts into the flight time, so I was very grateful for this! I also watched Sherlock Holmes, twice - the first a classic film from the 1940s (I think - could be earlier). You can tell it was classic because he was investigating a man who was hiding a robbery secret through musical boxes. The other was the more recent version from last year, which actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. Relatively enjoyable, at least.

In other thoughts prompted by my journey, I cannot be the only person who flies Air Canada tempted to always respond bilingually - particularly when you leave the plane. When every announcement is made first in English, then in French, I had the urge to leave saying "Thank you, goodbye, au revoir, merci",

Perhaps it's just me.

No comments: