Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ultimate Feel Good Songs

After earlier hearing a fantastic song on the radio, I started thinking, as I am loathe to do. What are the ultimate feel good songs? The ones that almost everyone likes and will always get you in a good mood just listening to them? The ones that make you want to turn your volume up to max?

Apparantly research shows that Beach Boys - Good Vibrations is the song least likely to cause road rage and calm drivers. So I suppose in a way that could be a contender. However, I have two ultimate selections of my own that are close to being unsurpassed in this regards. I provide links to YouTube as opposed to the overwhelming trend of embedding I've been doing recently, because it makes the page ugly and slow to load.

The first is the fantastic R.E.M. - End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine). It's just inspired. Ironic, despite the title, that it is a great one to cheer you up or boost your mood.

Second submission is the equally unparalleled song from the end of Monty Python's Life of Brain, the truly superb Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life.

Anyone else want to add to my listings?

No comments: