Monday, March 19, 2007

The Day After The Day Before

Well, as you all know, yesterday was Mother's Day, as it has now become Hallmarkised - instead of the more traditional name of Mothering Sunday. As my blog last year on the subject said, this is usually a rather thoughtful and reflective day for me. Today wasn't as bad as past years, as I haven't been bombarded with signs for it. But it wasn't too bad, it was more of a reflective and thoughtful day for me.

On a lighter note, the only comments I have had in the past month seem to be only from these commentbots saying "Hi I love your blog read my blog on the history of vacuum cleaners" or something equally unlikely. It amuses me. Not that it's an excuse for you not to comment to leave me only with these comments.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

Hi, I love your blog!!

On a more serious note...

There is nothing worse than the day that throws your worst memories in your face. Not to say I could ever truly understand, but I have a similar feeling every St. Patrick's day. Its just a general reminder of the death of someone I loved dearly, and I hate the sight of anything to do with the holiday. I suppose I haven't let go enough to just be reflective, and thats an amazing achievement.

This may not mean much, but I'll say it anyways....She'd be really proud of you, Andrew. You turned out to be a truly amazing person that I admire and respect. And its obvious because of that she was one amazing mother.