Saturday, April 15, 2006

Kung-Fu Hustle & Good Friday Rugby

Time Asleep Last Night: 04:38
Time Awake This Morning: 09:36
Time Up This Morning: 13:24
Today's DAR: 5PP

Well, today was Good Friday. Not being of a religious persuasion, this doesn't really mean much to me apart from the fact that it is a bank holiday, and that on top of that we get the traditional rugby league fixture between St. Helens and Wigan. With Wigan in freefall this season and Saints looking fairly solid, it was always rather inevitable, and so it proved with a 48-10 victory to Saints; all good news from my perspective.

This evening I met up with those pesky home friends again. Well, they're not really pesky, but it's a good adjective and one that I've not used for a while. Anyway, we played some of the mighty Halo 2 for a while. And then watched Kung Fu Hustle, which none of us had seen before. To say the least, it is odd. To say more than the least, it's bizarrely strange. However, very entertaining. Yet still without any sense to it whatsoever.

Anyone else seen it able to give some views on it? There's no recognisable plot, just a tenuous series of events to link from one improbable kung-fu action scene to the next. However, that's not to detract from what is a very entertaining film.

Discussing my phone issues, as I did mention yesterday, Chrissi is wonderful and getting me a new phone so all you silly people can talk to me. Or so I have to say, at least. It's an extremely early birthday present, and it is very gratefully recieved. Not quite sure which of the silly people she's referring to; I think she's the only one who rings me. Not that that's a hint for you to all start ringing me 24/7, just an observation.

Anyway, with luck this might mean a new phone with new nifty features - like actually being able to hear the person at the other end, turning on and off when you want it to and not at random, signal that doesn't disappear when you're about to make a phonecall, and so on. Apparantly these 'features' come as standard on most phones now. News to me, they don't on mine.

Despite my somewhat tongue-in-cheek commentary, I am very thankful for that. So good news. Today has been a positive day again. We're now down to a large hill or a small mountain. Scarfell Pike type height, perhaps.

3 comments:

Lorelei said...

Kung-Foo Hustle...

I turned it off after the first 20 minutes. Never did get it. Everyone else here thinks its the greatest thing.

And I was only joking about your silly friends :P Mine are sillier :)

Tim aka 'pigeon boy' said...

no...andys friends are most definitely sillier. I mean not everyone has a pigeon, glacier, sheffield and armadillo fanatic on their corridor! (i know emmas a hnager on but shes almost on our corridor)

Lorelei said...

Okay, you win, you're more silly :P

But we reserve the down right weird spot!