Sunday, September 20, 2009

Musical Reminders

It is not rare for people to associate pieces of music to events, or that act of reminders of people. For example, 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' always reminds me of Iccyh; when I hear 'Starlight' by Muse, I am driving down Sequoia with Chrissi. The reason for this aside? That another song association is 'Mr Brightside' by The Killers, which I will forever associate with my final year at Durham.

This weekend, for those that don't know, I was up in Harrogate for the wedding of Tim and Kat - two friends from my final year. It was great not only for this, but that it gave me an opportunity to see all my friends from Durham. It was wonderful to catch up with them all - it's hard to believe it's well over three years since I left there!

In summary - I need to work harder at keeping in touch with folk, because I really do enjoy catching up with people when I do get around to it!

No comments: