Friday, September 08, 2006

The One Where Andrew Goes Back In Time

Right, I promised some mundane updates as well as the interesting ones of what I'm doing. This doesn't strictly qualify as mundane, but it's not quite as interesting as swashbuckling pirates, at least not in a "wow" dimension. In an actual interest, it's quite helpful.

So I'm going back to the Thursday when I actually flew to America to provide some updates (hence the title). This is because on the morning of that Thursday, while I was calmly packing and my Dad was panicking around because he had nothing to occupy him, I recieved two letters through the post.

The first was from the University of Durham, enclosing my degree certificate, permitting me to not only say that I hold a Durham degree, but to also show them that I hold one, as I now have the evidence.

The second was from the University of Wales, Aberystwyth, confirming an offer for a place on a postgraduate course starting in September for a MA in History & Welsh History. So my busy morning before flying off was added to with paperwork, which I sent off my acceptance of the offer, as well as a few other bits and pieces of details. Since then I've been filling in forms via proxy to do my best to communicate room preferences, medical histories, etc.

Net result is that I start my MA on the 23rd September, a week and a half after getting back. Which is nice to know what I'm doing and where I'm going and everything else. Anyone fancy a holiday to Wales next year?

2 comments:

Emmie-lou said...

Alex likes wales...maybe he'll visit?

Andrew_tM said...

Perhaps I should change that line ... ;)