Friday, September 15, 2006

The One At Home

Well, as some people know I'm at home again, as I flew back on Wednesday (leaving at 8:30 at night PST, 4:30 am GMT), and arrived back in London at 3:26pm on Thursday. The flight was what you expect from a ten-hour long flight; delayed for an hour at the airport because the incoming flight was delayed, movies not worth watching on all channels, sitting next to the person with the bad back who has to move every five minutes to stretch, and turbulence just as you start to doze off every time.

Most shocking news to report is that my bag got to the carousel before I did. I arrived and it was already there, just about to come in front of me. That never happens. From the airport I got the RailAir coachlink from Heathrow to Woking (this is amazingly convenient and cheap, too, at only £9 for a single or £10 a return), then got the bus to outside my house.

'Welcome home' has been muted. Dad is on holiday himself in Canada at the moment. My sister, Rachel, her reaction was "What are you doing back?" as she thought I was not due home until today. I was also warned not to touch anything in the fridge as she'd been on a £50 shopping trip. "In the fridge" seems to be lettuce and sliced meat. And one packet of mushrooms. I've no idea how anyone can spend £50 on this. It's weird typing on a keyboard with a £ sign again.

Having got an early night last night, due to jetlag and extreme exhaustion, I got up this morning when I then experimented with what was in the fridge. Fruit juice that had been there a while - when grapefruit juice looks like PINK grapefruit juice when it isn't, it's a bad sign. Apple juice had gone off too.

Today I have paperwork ahead of me. University stuff to sort out, to check where it all ends up and what the letters I have recieved while away mean, probably forms to fill out and the like - at the least, I need to work out where I'm going and when, and what's in the letters. I also have typical spam-letters to deal with too, as my name is alphabetically first I often get the junk mail for the house. Overall, should be a fun day. This is an exaggeration.

I know I'm just talking about mundanities to an excessive level. This is because I really do not feel like talking about how I'm feeling right now. That's pretty much it.

3 comments:

Lorelei said...

I hope you can do better than that in the fridge by the time I get out there! Although....a ham and mushroom salad doesn't really sound half bad.

Now I'm hungry and no AndrewPizzas to be found!

Tim aka 'pigeon boy' said...

Hey. Welcome home! i am intruiged as to how long this friends style will continue...

Emmie-lou said...

Lol...Glad to have you back on home turf!! Hehe