Sunday, February 10, 2013

Out of Practice

So not only has abandoning my rigid 'blog a day' practice meant that I haven't blogged filler fluff, but it means I haven't blogged at all, not even the odd illuminating comment.

At the beginning of the month the excuse was that I was driving to work, meaning that the random things that occur to me and inspired me to blog - typically things I saw on my commute - simply weren't being seen. This, however, is clearly not true any more as I've been (mostly) headed by train since Chrissi began her work in the third week of January. I'm still hunting for a car but haven't found anything that meets what I'm looking for, and I can afford to be a little choosy considering I can still go by train.

Besides that, we have had snow (more on this saga in another entry), rain and wind - we have met Rachel for lunch and driven into London, which was hideously delayed even more so than infrequent trains, hosted a games night that ended up being a single game which went on for the entire evening and didn't even finish (no it wasn't risk / monopoly), and both of us have come down with generic wintery illnesses as we cough and splutter our way onwards towards spring.

Chrissi has also sent off all her paperwork to apply for her Indefinite Leave to Remain (in the UK), which she needs as her spousal visa runs out in May. Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution on this front - not least because it requires our passports, so we can't even go abroad on holiday until it's complete!

The house is also having issues, and we're increasingly looking at moving (likely back in the Woking/Guildford direction) in the upcoming months, particularly as we now both work in that area. Prices are also considerably more reasonable there - not hugely reasonable, but better compared to what we've been used to in the Surbiton/Kingston area which is outrageously pricey for not very much! We'll see how that develops, but that has to wait on the ILR for Chrissi anyway before we start to commit to this sort of thing.

All in all, much in the way of general updates without anything specific - the occasional post should follow on events as they happen, saving us all this tedious 'recap' phenomenon.

No comments: