Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Record Low

This year it seems I'm due to hit a record low for posts, as I'm three quarters of the way through and have yet to even record a half-century.

Leaving that to one side - as all the recent posts seem to have been about how infrequently I blog - Chrissi and I are looking forward with some excitement and a fair amount of required preparation to our pseudo-reception this weekend. I call it a pseudo-reception because it's not really a reception - the best description I've come up with it so far is a wedding themed party.

It should be good, as we have lots of friends coming, many of which I haven't seen for a while. Most amusingly, while the majority of the guests are mine and only a handful are Chrissi's, there are actually more people coming that I have not met than those that Chrissi has not met. This sounds illogical, but makes sense when you consider Chrissi has met all my friends over the years, or nearly all, whereas I've yet to meet the people who work with her and a couple of other friends.

Three days to prepare a few minor things (table plans, a couple of decorations, assorted other small details) and we're ready.

No comments: