Sunday, December 06, 2009

Party On

So Friday marked the office Christmas party (I keep wanting to capitalise the P, I'm not sure why). While according to stereotypethis should be a tedious and dull affair, I usually don't mind them. Yes, I know this is out of character with my Scrooge-like persona.

It involves typically a night out with people I get along with, paid for at someone else's expense, and with the added bonus that being the only non-drinker that I know of at work, that I have prime comedy material for the rest of the year. This played pretty much to type.

The venue this year was a considerable improvement over last year - a comedy club in Clapham Junction area. Of course, the inspired move of being at a comedy club on a work do when your work is an employment agency is potential - employment agencies being ranked just above estate agents in this category, really. The acts were funny enough - three different ones plus one guy providing links between them all.

Comedy was also provided by many of my colleagues. More on that later, though, after tomorrow's bound-to-be-entertaining review.

No comments: