Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Won't Do What You Tell Me

So last night I read and was thoroughly amused at the fantastic Facebook campaign to replace the manufactured nonsense of X-Factor for Christmas No. 1 in the charts with the excellent Rage Against The Machine's most excellent Killing in the Name song.

Last night over 750,000 people were in support of this according to the ever-unreliable barometer that is Facebook.

I've done my bit tonight and purchased my copy for great justice.

To join in the democratic overthrow of the X-Factor/Cowell chart hijack, download the single (available here), and also contribute to the excellent associated cause of homeless charity Shelter here - which has already raised an immense £40,000 from the generosity of this campaign.

Rage Against The X-Factor!

No comments: