Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sudden Spree

So yesterday for some reason I got a second wind of activity when I came home, and made some progress on some odd tasks around my room to tidy it up.

One of these was to install the software for my camera - since I got it as a generous Christmas present from Chrissi, the box has sat on my desk mostly untouched (although, in my defence, I have used the camera). I went to install the software, upload some photos, etc.

After installing it, trying to upload it, found that it was a nightmare. It added massive complexity, saved no time, hogged all the resource and quite frankly was an irritation.

In a gesture of frustration I just uninstalled the entire damn thing and just uploaded the photos using the basic windows functionality. I don't need to have tools to turn my photos into pictures of stars, or to upload them to a cumbersome web-album, I just want to put them from the camera onto the computer.

For this, it seems I'm better off without the software titled, ironically, Easyshare.

No comments: