Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Holy Addictive Episodes, Batman!

Well, if my blog yesterday somehow didn't get spotted for what it was (although the chances of it being read by anyone were fairly slim, admittedly), I have gotten hooked on YouTube watching the classic and unparalleled 1960s Batman TV series, with Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin. It's unrivalled for how fantastic it is. I've not seen them for years, and they're awesome.

I have spent approximately 18 hours over the weekend watching the various episodes uploaded onto YouTube. They're absolutely fantastic, and are utterly unparalleled. What worries me is that I could remember two of the endings from at least ten years ago. Including the exact line as to how Batman caught False Face in one of the episodes.

I highly, highly recommend anyone checks them out. There are some fantastic lines in all of those shows. One of my favourite lines was a superb one - albeit taken a little out of context - from 'A Horse of Another Colour'.

Batman: 'Your odds haven't been too good this afternoon Penguin.'
Robin: 'But five men against one girl is ridiculous!'
Batgirl: 'Oh I'm enjoying it! Don't bother!'

I also randomly include an amusing compilation video of Batgirl from the show which I found linked from some of the others.

No comments: