Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Musical Update

So, I often chat on here about music I like, so time for another typical update, as Christmas saw me get a few CDs.

First, Coldplay - Viva La Vida. A surprise pick as Coldplay are about as unlike my cup of tea as you could be, they tend to drone and whine. So I'm surprised I like this album. The final song is especially superb.

Secondly, Feeder - Silent Cry. Again, a shock pick as I went off their more recent stuff. However, a little different, a little rawer in places, and it sounds a bit more like something I'd listen to. Or perhaps, considering the last two CDs here, I've mellowed a bit!

I also got some Cold War Kids, which I liked but haven't listened to enough to get a clear opinion on in more depth. The final CD is Maximo Park - Our Earthly Pleasures, a band I recommended on here many moons ago. The album is very good, and I would like to finish with a special mention for the song 'Your Urge', for managing to rhyme tessalate and abate, a sheer work of art.

No comments: