Friday, December 28, 2007

180 Degrees

Today put me in mind of something a year and a half ago which I also blogged about. Readers with keen memories may recall this post back in August last year. Even those without them will now be prompted as I just provided a link.

Anyway, gist was I was pissed, walked out and just went for a walk not knowing where I was going or what I was doing. Roll forward to today, and a similar scenario. Irritated, or rather peeved at something silly, I opted to go for a walk. There's not much better at clearing your head then a good walk in the fresh air. But the contrast was spectacular to me. A year and a half ago I hadn't known where I was going, what I was doing, was kinda low and generally frustrated. Today, I went for a walk and knew exactly what I was doing, where I was going, and felt extremely upbeat and not fretting about things.

I make this point to illustrate the surprising fact - I know what I'm doing now. And where I'm going. Which is, without sounding too dramatic, probably the first time in my life I've really been that clear about it all.

No comments: