Friday, August 31, 2007

Exemplary Organisation

So, today is Thursday (well, technically Friday at time of going to press, but really Thursday). I should start my new job on Monday. In theory.

So far I have had limited communication and have sent off an official application form so it can be processed by the HR department (you know, the one with the stuff about you have no outstanding criminal convictions and suchlike). That I did nearly three weeks ago. I have recieved nothing else.

So tomorrow I expect to spend most of it on the phone trying to work out just what is going on, what time I start, who I should meet, many other things of a similar nature, and just what did happen to my contract that they supposedly sent to me. I am quite disappointed that I have to do this myself, it's not a good sign, but on the other hand it can show my abilities as someone who will get things done. Silver linings and clouds and all that stuff.

1 comment:

Lorelei said...

I hope your first day goes better!