Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pleasing Symmetry, or, Coincidence

A couple of weeks back I got a new CD from Chrissi, Teenage Dirtbags 2 (which I feel is the sort of title which should have a tagline, perhaps along the lines of More Teenage, More Dirt, More Bags) - the imaginatively titled successor to the Teenage Dirtbags compilation from last year. This made it into my car this week and eventually the CD actually made it into the CD player. The result of which is that I've been humming several songs that have gotten slightly into my head throughout the day.

This evening at work we were watching a couple of films - apparantly my cinematic knowledge is fairly sparse and there are many films I have simply not seen. This week it was the turn of Back to the Future, followed by Back to the Future II (but not III as it was getting late). Having watched these, I got back to my car and was amused that on starting the car the aforementioned CD picked up where I had left it on track 4, which is Bowling For Soup's 1985. There's a pleasing symmetry about this.

No comments: