Monday, January 07, 2013

New Year So Far ...

As you'll have noticed I've not blogged so far this year yet, until now - had decided to wait a little until a topic came to me. While I was impressed with my run from September through to December, it was becoming a little forced at times. Also, the other reason is that as I no longer commute by train I no longer have as many sparks for amusing blogs.

Here are some assorted highlights from the past week:

Train Issues: I was amused on my drive home on Friday night to hear that there was some generic problem at Hilsea and so the Woking-Portsmouth Harbour line was down; not out of any sense of schadenfreude, but simply because that's my usual line, and at the time I was driving comfortably along the A3 only about 10 minutes from home and not going to be affected by it.

New Year's: It was good to catch up to people for New Year's on the last day of 2013 - we want over to catch up with folks in Woking for the first half of the evening, then elsewhere for the second half of the evening with additional folks. It was nice to see lots of friends that we haven't seen for too long.

Resolutions: I never do resolutions and that hasn't changed this year. I am doing several goals with the start of January, but mainly because they mark the end of the Christmas period and so it's much easier to start things then.

Poker Night: Another trip back to Woking on Saturday was for a poker night when we managed to fit eleven around a single table and it was an enjoyable occasion. Good to catch up with lots of people again, including different faces from the previous gatherings, and also very pleasant to not have to worry about what time we had to leave due to buses/trains/etc - being able to comfortably stay until gone midnight and then drive home was extremely pleasant!

That'll do by way of a catch-up; we'll see what comes this week!

No comments: