Sunday, June 08, 2008

No-one Mourns The Wicked

So, Chrissi kindly arranged for myself and I to go and see the musical Wicked while I was there on Thursday.

Now, consider that I'm not typically a musical person - they're just not typically my cup of tea. However, this was absolutely fantastic and I really, really enjoyed myself. I still, sadly, find myself humming along to the songs - worrying, I know.

In case you aren't aware as to the basic plot - based in Oz, gives an alternative viewpoint on the background of the 'Wicked Witch of the West' and her childhood, upbringing, and how evil can be looked at from another perspective. Really, really fasincating.

For me, it's the sheer originality of the concept and the way it makes us think as to how we look at things that is so impressive. I'm currently reading the book, and this manages to exceeds the musical.

Updates from this in due course as well, I'm sure.

No comments: