Saturday, March 01, 2008

Marching Onwards

I'm fairly sure this is not the first time I have started a March-commencing blog with a similar pun. Apologies if it's old. It is.

I somewhat promised a bit of an update on things today, so I'll try and oblige and let you know how I was getting on with my Feb resolutions. If you remember, these were small and simple things I could change to just set myself some goals.

So, how have I done?

1. Walking each weekend. Miserable failure. I've just not had the motivation. Need to work on this one a bit I think! I am walking to the station tomorrow to go into work. So perhaps that'll be a start.

2. Not snacking, eating properly. This has been a success. I've made myself a lunch every day, and it's far better than the inevitable snacking. So I'm happy there. I've also cut down on the extra 'unnecessary' snacking as best as possible.

3. Attempt at learning to drive is still on the grid awaiting the starter's orders. My dead phone has hindered my here as all the relevant numbers were stored on it.

4. Making more of weekends. Getting there a bit, although to be honest I've been trying to clear the decks every weekend to make sure that I have more time to do stuff during the week if I want to. The effects are gradually starting to show - paperwork, ironing, tidying the room, throwing out old stuff are hardly something to show for the weekend, but at least they're helping me get things straight.

5. Trying to do more socially. A bit of this, has been okay. Have done some things but not that much to be frank. Again, the aforementioned phone problem has been a hinderance here. I'm going to try and work on that this month.

Overall, one goal achieved, one worked on, and one failed. Two that were non-starters. Relatively decent progress. I'm going to continue these aims through March and we'll see how the next progress report ends up!

No comments: