Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mothering Sunday

Well, this is a rarety, two posts for me in one day, but I wanted to talk about this briefly. As those of you who know me, and those of you who don't, will know, this isn't generally a nice day for me, and hasn't been the past five years this day has fallen since my mother died. All the adverts and point-of-sale slogans such as "Remember Mother's Day" and similar, "Don't forget your Mother this Mother's Day!" they hardly fill me full of joy. I suppose for me it's more of a quietly saddening reminder that things aren't like I'd like them to be. Equally, it makes me wonder on another note, am I doing that? Am I remembering her, not on this day alone, but on most days? I honestly don't have an answer to that.

Anyway, a very poignant post for me and quite a reflective one. I realise by talking out loud I'm not really doing anything but talking to myself with others listening, but it's nice at least to do that sometimes.

No comments: